Bugatti Veyron 16.4 – Workshop in Molsheim

    Car Name: Bugatti Veyron 16.4
    Brand Name: Bugatti

    TopClass View

    On Saturday, 3 September 2005, Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. hosted opening festivities for the ‘Atelier’, its new plant dedicated to production of the new Bugatti. At the same time, the company’s headquarters, the Château St. Jean, along with the neighbouring buildings, were officially opened for their intended purpose.

    Bugatti in Molsheim is more than just a company headquarters or simply another automobile production facility in Alsace. Today, on this special day, what Bugatti in Molsheim means is the realisation of a vision, the renaissance of the legendary Bugatti brand. But Bugatti in Molsheim is even more than that. Bugatti is Molsheim – or, if you wish, Molsheim is Bugatti. This is where, in 1909, Ettore Bugatti established his company, and where, in 1910, he produced the first automobile bearing his name. And it is on this very spot – and this is a source of great pleasure to me – that his legacy and his philosophy shall live on. We are proud to bring back the Bugatti tradition right here in Molsheim, and we are convinced that we shall be able to continue this tradition in the same sense in which it was intended by its founder.

    Thanks to Bugatti, Molsheim has been elevated from anonymity to find its own place on the map – not just of the automotive world. And this is certainly justified, both for the location of Ettore Bugatti’s production facilities and his private residence, which is located immediately adjacent. With the purchase of the Château St. Jean and the property surrounding it, comprising some 140,000 m2 and the site of all other modern-day Bugatti activities as well, this has changed somewhat in purely geographic terms. To be precise, the property is situated in Dorlisheim which, while within sight of the former Bugatti factory, is nevertheless located on the other side of the Bruche River. This has been the source of inspiration for a ‘postal sleight of hand’ on the part of the new management at Bugatti. To be able to carry the historic value of the location in Molsheim into the Bugatti future while at the same time satisfying the administrative regulations of the Land, a compromise was negotiated with local authorities. A Solomonic solution was arrived at with the latter – who took a very favourable view of the entire Bugatti project right from the beginning, providing their active support throughout its development. The correct and complete address of Bugatti ‘Cru 2005’ is: Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S., 1, Château St. Jean, Dorlisheim, F-67 120 Molsheim.

    In 2003, according to Automotive News, the car still suffered from two major problems: The enormous engine tended to overheat and the car, capable of top a speed of well in excess of 200 miles per hour, was unstable at high speeds. Several reports have placed the car’s top speed at about 250 miles per hour.
    The Bugatti name originated with a company that built high-performance cars from 1910 to 1956. Bugatti now operates in the same Alsace region, now part of France, in which the original Bugattis were made.

    TopClass Backside View

    Back Rightside View 

    Side View

    Back Leftside View

    Interior View

    TopClass View

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews